Friday, May 24, 2013

Kickstarter: Jeff Dee's AD&D Module Cover Paintings

I'm backing this kickstarter:



I love that image from the cover of S2 White Plume Mountain. It was one of my first modules, bought back when I was all of 10 years old. It's my favorite "funhouse" dungeon and I adore that awesome action scene. So naturally I have to get a copy of it, nevermind I have either 2 or 3 copies of S2 around (counting the compilation S1-4 they put out years ago). It's too cool not to have a print.

This walkthrough poster isn't related to the Kickstarter or done by Jeff Dee, but it's still funny if you've played S2. It seems vaguely on-topic.

4 comments:

  1. I'd forgotten about the babe with the sword on the back cover of Isle of Dread.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. That's a Willingham, though, not Jeff Dee. It lacks the "superhero" look of Jeff Dee's stuff. Still, yeah, it's good picture. :)

      Delete
  2. I think art is the most important part of Dungeon Fantasy. It allows your mind to get into the fantasy mode. I think that verbal art is also important too. The descriptions in Gygax's evil temples and of the vault of the drow were enough to make me love the genre. Art is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least here, the walkthrough map link was just the Wikipedia page again. http://www.wizards.com/dnd/Article.aspx?x=dnd/toon/WPMountain ?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...