Monday, December 22, 2014

5e DMG received

I received my hardcover copy of the Dungeon Master's Guide the other day. I now have two of the three 5e hardbacks, thanks to a nice coupon deal from Amazon.com and some early gift cards.



Originally, I wasn't planning on getting the DMG. But after reading a few reviews (specifically, this one I talked about from Geek Dad and this one I mentioned from Boing Boing), I was tempted.

After reading Rob Conley's series on the DMG, I was sold. Even where he had criticism of it, it was still clearly a book I wanted to read and have on my shelf to refer to.

So far, I like what I see. The art is fine, the tables easy to read, the text well laid out. As I flip through it I keeping things I want to read right away as well as things I have to force myself to put off - until I can read them in their full context.

By the way, check the Wizards page for the DMG - there is a freebie "Magic Items by Rarity" PDF. Amusing that the two most common potions are climbing and healing. Climbing? Says something about the world - either lots and lots of sheer walls, or deficient ladder technology, or something of that sort.

2 comments:

  1. Woot! Glad to have played a small role in your decision.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the very complete look at the book.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...