Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Talisman on my PC

I forgot, or maybe deliberately blocked out, how addictive Talisman is.

I bought the Humble Bundle Weekly Bundle with just enough for Talisman and the other two starter games.



My first taste of Talisman was playing at the original tiny location for Timewarp Comics & Games (the one across the street from where it is now). I played with some guys who would hang out at the shop. I remember my first game was just watching this one guy doing a death march to victory. We knew the basics of the rules, he knew them inside and out, and got a character who could shift Craft points to Strength and used that relentlessly to kill everything and just go win the game while the new guys were still floundering around the board not sure what was a good approach. Same guy would run a paladin in a one-shot I ran and be exactly the paladin everyone complains about - to solve a potentially impossible problem he chose to abandon his quest for a holy artifact and leave the equally LG priest he was helping to die and said that was how LG people would solve the problem. Lucky for me, he wasn't my regular player.
Anyway, despite that taste of Talisman, I always liked the game . . . and maybe it's a good thing I don't have a mobile version of it.

6 comments:

  1. Ah, Talisman. Back in the day, we played that some, but not enough to really master it. That meant that we spent a lot of time running around the outer ring of the board to accumulate power, then someone would make a dash for the inner rings and we'd realize that we'd spent more time than we really needed to building up. Hella fun game, though.

    I've got the mobile version (free app of the day at Amazon a while back) and I made a strategic decision to delete it from my device. I've already got too little spare time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the mobile was free, but since I didn't have my Kindle yet I couldn't get it. I tried, since I knew my device was coming, but I couldn't order it without having something registered already. I narrowly missed getting it for free. I'll have to keep an eye out, see if they do that again. :)

      Delete
  2. Addictive... tell me more?
    That's why I quit most online games and only game 2x a month with Peter. I get my fix and it doesn't cut into my writing time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! Talisman was one of my favorite games. I had no idea that there was a digital version. Thanks for pointing that out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would download this, but I fear I would never see another human being again.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...