Monday, March 28, 2016

Dungeon board game

Way back when I was first gaming, I had the Dungeon! boardgame. Most of it is long since lost - pieces scattered, cards ripped, destroyed, and scattered, etc.

But a couple weeks back I found these two bits - pages 1 and 2 of the Basic Rules (with a big chunk missing) and the board:

 photo Dungeon Map_zpsph3ofhfg.jpg

 photo Dungeon Rules Page 2_zpsipejkqbt.jpg

 photo Dungeon Rules Page 1_zpsiaengbc1.jpg


I keep thinking I need to use this for something. A mash-up of Munchkin using the Dungeon, perhaps, and dice to move around (I've never played Munchkin Quest, I assume it works like that). Or a rules-light treasure hunting game with custom cards or just randomly rolled monsters out of the Monsters and Treasure Assortment. We'll see. For now, it's just the board and that chunk of rules.

5 comments:

  1. Can we use this map for Felltower?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, that takes me back. My sister and I played that till the board wore out when we were kids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had the pieces. But I never really did do so well keeping all of the playing pieces for my boardgames.

      Delete
  3. That game looks fun. It reminds me of an idea I had when I was a kid to make a board game based on video game RPGs for a project for a creativity class. I hadn't heard of tabletop games yet, so I thought it was a brand new idea.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...