Sunday, April 23, 2017

Gaming Logistics I: AD&D, no minis

Unachimba suggested, and one of my gamers echoed, that I should do a post about what I bring to game when we game.

Well, today is part II of White Plume Mountain. What do I need for that?

Not very much:



- three rulebooks
- a module
- note sheets
- AD&D Adventure Log sheets
- DM screen
- some magic item cards]
- bag of dice (not pictured)

That's it. I really don't even need all of that, but I prefer to have it all handy. If it was a Unearthed Arcana-era game, I'd need at least one more book, possibly two (the Dungeoneer's Survival Guide.) That's a fraction of what I "need" for GURPS, but then again, that's because I run GURPS with a hex map in a megadungeon and use minis. My game isn't truly designed around portability, but this AD&D two-shot absolutely is. When I run GURPS Lite at school, I use all of GURPS Lite, one record sheet, one note sheet, and six dice. I don't even need anything except the dice and record sheet, really. My AD&D game is built around that same principle.

2 comments:

  1. My first DF session ever in two weeks.

    So far taking some paper minis, chessex mats, dice, GURPS books and some props.

    Working off a short converted adventure before I go with my mega dungeon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll get up a post about my GURPS logistics tomorrow I think.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...