Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Dungeon Alphabet 4th printing Kickstarter

Way back when, I got a copy of the Dungeon Alphabet. It really helped rekindle my interest in playing some Dungeon Fantasy, running a dungeon-based game, which eventually led to making a megadungeon, converting Keep on the Borderlands to GURPS, and starting a long-active campaign.

Several printings, including an expanded one, have come and gone. But I noticed this up on Kickstarter:



It's significantly expanded. Plus, the pricing is quite good for me. The price worked out to $17 for a physical copy, PDF copy, and shipping. That's not bad at all - if I found the hardback for $17 in a store with a free PDF download I'd grab it. So I backed this.

I really enjoyed the earlier version, and I think I'll get enough enjoyment out of the new one that I'll get my money's worth. Ultimately I've learned I vastly prefer reading tables to rolling on them - I'm a roll and re-roll until I like what it comes up with kind of person - these were fun and idea-provoking table entries. It's worth checking out to see if it's worth it for you as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...