Friday, September 20, 2024

Random Bits for 9/20/2024

- you know if it's Star Frontiers I'm interested. Volturnus race stats.

I like it, although I stand by my criticism of Volturnus. I feel like it would be such a good later adventure, for a group already used to civilization and now plunged into wilderness survival. Oh well.

- I'm intrigued by the rules for Victory in Europe. It's a three-sided game, with the Soviets, Western Allies, and Germany as the three sides. But to prevent the Germans from just hunkering down arounnd Berlin and riding the game out, there are permanent penalties to your combat and reinforcement abilities if you let go of different areas. Abandoning Norway or southern Germany or what have you may seem good on paper, but they come with costs that make holding the rest harder. It's a pretty cool mechanical idea - military tactics may call for tightening up your lines but political necessity may require you to hold on to everything you can . . . and this helps reinforce that.

- Octopus Carnival talks playing around with GURPS combat flow.

- And I'm busy playing around with the VTT a bit to see how I can upload my Felltower maps . . . but still no luck. My levels are too big for 1-yard hexes and the limits of Foundry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...