Thursday, August 20, 2026

What's new in the Revised GURPS Basic Set?

Wondering what's up with the revised GURPS Basic Set?

A guest post over on Ravens and Pennies looks at the changes.

GURPS 4th Edition Revised – Changes Review

Generally, the changes are fine. I'm mainly interested in the rules additions and the at-last fixes to say "damage" when "damage" is meant and "injury" when "injury" is meant. You can look at them all over at the link above.

I also like that some of the rules we use all of the time - Committed Attack, for example - shows up in Basic Set now. It will make future references to it easier since it's no longer text we'd need to repeat.


I did eventually get a comp copy of this revised Basic Set. I haven't written anything new for SJG in a number of years. But I did write a lot, and co-wrote GURPS Martial Arts - and that one early in the cycle. Sean and I got to writing it before Basic Set was out. So I'm down in the credits and that earned me a comp PDF.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...