Friday, July 26, 2024

Random Thoughts & Links for 7/26/24

So, I'm back from my summer travels.

- I have a bit of time and space to play a wargame. I'm 99% sure it'll be Third World War: Persian Gulf by Frank Chadwick. It takes a lot of space, though, and my table might be a little small. Iran and Iraq are really big . . .

- I don't need this, but a complete set of all four Third World War games as one monster game would have been exactly what I needed when I was replacing my original worn-out four game set.

The Third World War

Just this map alone is worth it, since Arctic Front's map doesn't mesh well with the others.



- Game is Sunday. A reduced group, but enough gamers to play, I think.

- Oh, and while fiction isn't something I usually talk about, yet another of my former gamers is an author. andi lai jones, known for his little fish logo on illustrations (like Sid!) - wrote a book, The Surreal Estate Agent. I finally had a chance to read it. It's pretty entertaining, especially if you like explicit gaming and comic references. So I think we've got two fiction writers and like 6 or 7 game book authors in my (loosely defined) gaming group. Maybe more if you count Ryan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...