Sunday, March 18, 2018

Volos Guide & Felltower

I've been really enjoying Volo's Guide.

Some of what I've read will certainly influence Felltower.

For example:

- I really like what they did with Kenku. I may have to use them in some way. Not as a PC race, before A~ and G~ comment here and ask. But they'll fit pretty well in one of the gate locations.

- I also got a lot out of the writeups of hags. I've always liked hags, but rarely had them come up. I should have put one near the play location in the Cold Fens, like I did in the black swamps in my last campaign. If the players travel a bit further east, perhaps they'll be able to meet one. Like in my own previous games, they'll be potentially nasty foes or useful speaking encounters, depending on how you handle it.

- the writeup of Yuan-Ti was good. I'm not sure how much I'll use, but I'll use a bit to expand snakmen.

- one of the monsters matches some minis I have to a "T" - the shoosuva. Probably because it's a new version of something introduced in D&D or the Chainmail minis game, and the mini is from that line. It gave me some new ideas on how to use it.

Some probably won't, but I still like, such as the darklings - the updated dark creepers from the best monster book ever. Overall, it's going give me some positive, useful material to slot in ahead of the PCs in DF Felltower.

3 comments:

  1. I should send you the full hag writeups from Dragon Heresy: Book of Foes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't be opposed to that. :)

      It's fluff more than game stats that matters, here though - flavor to bring hags to life.

      Delete
    2. The stats are less meaningful in this case than the fluff written around the different types of hags. I'll send over the whole thing.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...