Friday, September 8, 2023

Friday Random Thoughts & Links 9/8/2023

- I'd only heard a few bits about Yggsburg, a later Gary Gygax publication. I'm curious, for sure.

- I love Grimtooth's Traps, but I sure don't need stats for them as in this upcoming product. They're all comically overengineered and lethal. Stats seem superfluous, if only because that implies you could survive the traps. Dude, if you fall for the Closet of Caltrops or fall down the Amazing Ginzu Chute, just make a new guy and move on. It's that kind of game. But your interest may vary, and you have over 53 days to think about it from today's post.

- Ah, stupid Hit Point Jokes and a great spin on healing - The Order of the Stick at its finest. "So . . . healing just allows for more violence?" That's the basis of dungeon delving!

- Sunday we are playing in Vic's Felltower Adjacent game. Apparantly we've picked up an NPC ally . . . huh. Handsome already covers the "savage violent outsider with a tendency to kill" niche, do we really need another?

- I'm not around Saturday, and we game Sunday, so I can't promise a post until Monday.

1 comment:

  1. I statted out a bunch of the Grimtooth's Traps some time ago, which was an interesting exercise. I'd like to think I made better traps of my own afterwards.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...