Friday, August 20, 2021

Random Links for 8/20/21

I've been too busy - but good busy - to do a lot of reading, but I did see this stuff that I wanted to share:

- A Metamorphosis Alpha Humble Bundle.

- War in Victoria II is really interesting. I had Victoria I, but I found the conflict resolution system a little lacking. So I didn't stick it out too long. I remember getting into a war with China over a province of Korea I wanted for my European power - the Netherlands, I think - and beaten the living tar out of them, but being unable to get them to hand over the Korea province despite me controlling a big chunk of China and mauling army after army . . . because for some reason it wouldn't get listed as a demand I could make. Aargh. Anyway, clearly I didn't get over that frustration.

- Speaking of video games, I'm trying to remember the name of one. It took place in the Renaissance, in Italy. You got to expand trade routes and build up your (or maybe your family's) power though overland and sea trade, could get one of three government positions, become Pope, and price and sell indulgences (which could eventually trigger the Reformation.) You could hire mercs and pirates and whatnot to fight, well, mercs and pirates, or to attack your rivals. I can't remember the name and I can't find the box or documentation in my collection. It was probably a 90s or early 2000s game, likely the former. It wasn't one of the Patrician games, because I had and played II and III and it's not them.

Nevermind, I remembered overnight that it was probably called Merchant Prince, and here it is: Merchant Prince gameplay

- Here is a handy guide to being (or fighting) giant-sized folks in GURPS.

- a look at Pool of Radiance and Ruins of Adventure, the module of the same thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...