Friday, August 27, 2021

Random Links for Friday 8/27/21

Quick random links for today before I go out to commit . . . certain deeds.*

- Mailanka has a review of DF22. What did he think? I don't know, I didn't have time to read it yet.

- Heyden is going Knight-Holy Warrior, but hasn't settled on his advantages and I don't have time tonight or tomorrow to review them . . . and I won't do them the morning of game. Or worse, at the beginning of the session as everyone kibbutzes over how to spend them. He and the other players have had months to work this out, so it'll have to be done for next time.

- Wizardry, with two disasters. Yeah, that'll happen. Wizardry is extremely unforgiving.

- A nice look at Flashing Bladesby FGU.

- The Tomb of Horrors is awful. I loved it. Completely full of spoilers. This isn't one:

"Gygax said that Tomb of Horrors is “a thinking person’s adventure.” And if the person thinking is a dungeon master, what they’re thinking is, “How can I ruin my friends' lives?”

Feels accurate. We played it back in the day.

That's all for today!

Editing later - no, not all. I forgot to post this - Steve Perrin passed away.

* Also known as going to see a band.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shoutout. Hope the show was fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shortly before passing Steve opened a Go Fund Me for the medical issues of his wife, Luise. She illustrated the cover of RuneQuest 2 and much else. RQ was the best RPG rule set in the 70s-80's and Glorantha was an amazing setting manifested in amazing supplements. This is the first GFM I've contributed to and thank you for the head's up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember playing Flashing Blades. Or rather, I remember that I played Flashing Blades, but I don't remember anything specific about it. I think I enjoyed it, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its impact on you is incalculable, you're saying?

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...