Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Pathfinder: Kingmaker update

I had some extra time today and did not feel especially productive . . . so I spent it playing Pathfinder: Kingmaker.

This is full of spoilers.

- I'm King now. Oddly, I had to make a binding agreement to either ally with my current allies or break away from them before I even took the throne. For some reason that seems weird . . . especially because you're apparantly crowning yourself, no god or gods involved in the process. That's pretty weird in the real world, and seriously weird in a world with very active gods.

My biggest bugaboo now are Permanent Negative Levels. I get them all of the time and it's a pain to get rid of them. It seems like to get my own casters to take them off I need to go adventuring and do it - they can't do it in town. I can pay to have it done in town via a scroll . . . but it's weird my own casters can't do it except in other towns and out in areas.

- I lack an arcane advisor. I don't know why. I must have missed, or be missing, the proper event/task/rank up event to get to it. Which is odd, because I looked at online guides and it seems I need to level up my Divine rank. It's at III, but I get no options to go to IV. I've watched a number of events just tick by without being able to act on them because I lack a Magister. I don't know what to do, here.

- Wandering monsters at the higher end are silly. I got jumped in the middle of a forest by 8 greater water elementals. Yeah, just wandering around. I just kill them off and move on.

- I'm around 14th level. I spend a fair bit of time shuffling magic items around for maximal benefit. Craftsmen make me magic items I mostly sell because they're oddly niche, or too late in the game to matter (like a greatsword that has bonus damage against vermin, yes does less than my mainstay melee weapon even with it.)

- Overall, lots of fun. Very addictive gameplay. I clearly made some big errors early on in kingdom management and I'm paying for them now, but it should means just a sub-optimal end to the game, not a dead end. I'll keep playing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...