Sunday, June 12, 2022

Top Felltower Lies

Top Felltower lies players tell each other, and themselves.

I present these with no comment. They're more amusing without extra content, I think. To my players: Did I miss any, guys?



10) There is no way we could win this fight.

9) There is no way they could kill my guy.

8) My character would see that guy doing that.

7) We'll research that in town.

6) Some collector in town will want to pay extra for this.

5) They would have attacked us anyway . . .

4) We'll take them by surprise.

3) We'll discuss that by email between sessions.

2) We'll go right there and not get distracted.

1) We'll check that on the way back.

7 comments:

  1. "3) We'll discuss that by email between sessions."

    Not gonna lie, this one would irritate the ever lovin shite out of me, as both a Player and a GM. Granted, as both I'd initiate that conversation, but if it went nowhere after people said they'd discussed it that way, I'd be a wee bit madded.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I rarely initiate discussions of "what to do" by email for that reason. The occasional "what are you doing next session?" is sufficiently annoying, with the lack of replies.

      Delete
  2. Anyone else read "They would have attacked us anyway" and immediately see "It's coming right for us" from South Park?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm definitely going to use that next time my players go murderhobo because "they were going to try to kill us anyway."

      "Mmmmm-it's coming right for us."

      Delete
    2. It was going to come right at us eventually.

      Delete
  3. I'm tempted to put some of in the mouths of some of my satirical fantasy novel characters.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...