Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Castle of the Mad Archmage

Well, it's been like 9 years or something, so I suspect we're not going to play the B-Team in Castle of the Mad Archmage. So I went out and bought a copy.

It's a fun read, honestly. I recommend reading dungeons you've played through. I went and found the rhino I disbelieved in, a pit trap I fell down, a band of skeleton musicians we killed, and more. It's a fun little tour of the GM's side of the screen.

Overall, the dungeon is pretty old school funhouse, but with enough logic and sense to make it work. Much like Felltower, honestly - if you have a sufficiently thick layer of logical stuff on top for people to figure out, they'll put up with the occasional weird nonsense that is fun.

I'm pleased with the purchase and the readthrough. I won't run it - it's hard enough for me to make game time for Felltower - but I'm glad I got a physical copy on deep discount.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...