Wednesday, April 19, 2023

Video Game Notes

I've been a bit busy, but I have done a wee bit of video gaming.

I'm still stalled on my two Pathfinder: Kingmaker playthroughs. It's fine - I didn't burn out on it so much as get distracted by other things to do. I'm happy to have two well-along games to play when I'm ready.

I've been slowing playing City of Gangsters. It's a lot of fun, but it does require a lot of micro-managing. I'd really enjoy something a little less detailed. I like the problems with expansion, bribing cops, dealing with rivals, etc. and I dislike having to zip around trying to make sure my beer gets sold and my hops get bought. You can automate that, but it's hard for me to get a good organized distribution path going. Good material, a little too much administration.

War in the East - I've fired up War in the East again. I was reading about WiTE2, but it's still $80 and I'm not sure I have enough free time to justify spending that. So I've been surfing aroun scenarios to find one to play. I think I've settled on Operation Bagration, as the Soviets first. This was the destruction of Army Group Center in August 1944. It's only 9 turns, but it's fairly expansive and involves a lot of units. I think I can play a turn or so every few days, so 9 turns is plenty to keep me wargaming for a few weeks.

I have nothing like the time to play through Planescape again, or finally play Numenera. Those remain somedays.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...