Monday, January 1, 2024

Felltower VTT Updating

I spent a few hours today watching some videos I needed to see, while creating and uploading a bunch of tokens for monsters to Forge.

I still have a lot to go, but most of the foes I often use are up there.

I wanted to do maps, actually, but I don't have a scanner and I just can't get a sufficiently good image with my camera. I'll borrow a scanner and see about uploading some scans soon.

I did manage to take a picture of one level . . . but once I got it uploaded I basically locked up Forge. Oops. I may need to break my bigger levels into sections to avoid that.

4 comments:

  1. I find a lot of the VTTs suffer from using large maps. You can reduce the dpi of the maps or cut them into pieces as you mentioned. I've done both and been unhappy with either solution.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's pretty much where I'm stuck, too - between two less than ideal options.

      Delete
  2. You might want to keep your eyes open for a cheap used printer/scanner. Sometimes it's the printer part that's slightly messed up, but the scanner still works fine... I've gotten a few scanners that way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My previous printer was from HP, and when it was out of ink it stopped scanning. Yes, I know. That's why I don't have it anymore. The one before that the whole thing just died a hard death one day . . . that was a Dell. So I'm hesitant to take a flyer on a used printer in the hopes the scanner doesn't crap out. I may just need to see if Staples runs scanner use and do some high and low DPI scans I can use as my main source images.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...