Friday, December 21, 2012

Bard's Tale I-III and The Bard's Tale - thanks inXile

A while back I contributed to the Wasteland 2 Kickstarter. I figured, what the hell, it's worth risking $15 for a post-apoc game I might like. They seemed to have a track record of actual producing games, so I figured it wasn't a blind risk.

The game still isn't out (it's not due out until October 2013), but it's already paid off:

As a contributor "Happy Holidays" thank-you, they've given me a free copy of The Bard's Tale, and the original games it takes an ironic look at - Bard's Tale I, II, and III. All three of the DOS-era games work just fine on my Win7 laptop.

I never played II or III, but I played the living hell out of I. I still make "The room contains 396 berserkers!" comments when I'm gaming with folks who might recognize it.

So I immediately started to play both "The Bard's Tale" (for goofy click-and-laugh fun, so far) and Bard's Tale I. It's been a long time, but my bid already paid off. I just wish I had a party from Wizardry or Ultima III to download, but no, I don't . . . not anymore.

You can get these guys on Steam pretty cheaply even if you didn't contribute. Good fun.

So if I'm not posting much for a few days, well, my holiday schedule is busy. And Bard's Tale, man. I already offed 4 spiders and a group of 7 hobbits that messed with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...