So Erik Tenkar dug out his copy of Deluxe Car Wars.
So I went to my mom's house today on my way to a family party, and took a quick pair of pictures of my Car Wars box.
I didn't have time to unbox it and spread it out, but in there is:
- most of a run of ADQs, including mainy of the mailers (like the Ogre in Unlimited Class duels one on top).
- Deluxe Car Wars
- two pocket box editions of Car Wars, Sunday Drivers, and Truck Stock
- and every supplement up to 9, including all of the Uncle Albert's, Vehicle Guides, and arenas.
- Allston's Car Wars-compatible supplements
- Autoduel Champions
- a Kampfgruppe box and a Broderbund Ancient Art of War box, each filled with counters.
The only things not in there are both editions of GURPS Autoduel (on my shelf) and Boat Wars (in a box.) I don't have the Tanks supplement, though - that came and went before I could spend my money on it. Just as well, it came out at the tail end of us playing.
I miss playing the game. It got a little too gonzo at the end (too many fights with Can-Ams with laser-guided rockets and trikes with HESH-loaded RRs and sedans with blast cannons and such) but it was fun stuff. Many hours were spent playing out many seconds of death. Plus I still get reminded of the story "Serendipity" when some farging icehole tailgates me.
Sadly, nowhere in my also-stored GURPS 3e books could I find the updated GURPS Lensmen. I know I own it, playtested it, and read it, but I can't lay my hands on it. Everything else seems to be there but that one is not. I wonder where I stashed it?