Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Sturmpanzer 43 - just getting started

So I did get those tank models I mentioned the other day.

I'm going to start by trying to assemble the so-called "Brummbar" - aka Sturmpanzer 43 Sd.Kfz 166. I think it is thanks to playing Steel Panthers I back in the day, but I really like the heavy-gun carrying infantry support vehicles. The SiG33 with a 150mm gun and the Sturmpanzer 43 especially.

Oho, according to the description the package, "It was used at the Battles of Kursk, Anzio, Normandy, and was deployed in the Warsaw Uprising." Yeah, "deployed." Seems kind of euphemistic in that sentence. Deployed to shoot at Polish resistance fighters with 150mm shot at close range, clearly.

I think this vehicle looks especially like a cousin of a Mark III Ogre, especially with a central ball-mounted cannon.



It'll look something like this in the end, I hope:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...