Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Sturmpanzer 43 - Complete

I finished the Sturmpanzer IV. In about 20 minutes.



Praise:

- it's easy to assemble. No glue, just time and some trimming here and there, and the visual-only instructions are very clear. Much more than those of my Tiger II were, honestly.

- it's solid. You assemble the hull out of blocks, so it's a solid bit of plastic not a hollow shell. So it feels sturdy.

- it's inexpensive. Roughly $6.


Criticisms:

- It's a bit big - I didn't take a side-by-side picture, but it's significantly taller than my 1/72 scale Tiger II. In reality, the Sturmpanzer IV is only 2.52 meters tall versus the Tiger II's 3.09 meters.

- There are gaps in the superstructure for a gun shield, gun, hatch, etc. - but they aren't included.

- Again, scale - it really looms too large with 1/76 scale - HO Scale or 20mm - figures. I don't have any 28mm WWII guys to stand next to it but they'd probably fit a lot better.


So into the box of tanks for . . . whatever it is I plan to do with them! I'm very happy to have it, though. Next . . . not sure - Tiger I? Sturmtiger? Panther?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...