Tuesday, April 19, 2022

GCS & Foundry VTT questions

Asking here first, because I like my blog to have a list of what I'm working on so I can refer back more easily.

I've found that thanks to all of the monster modules for GCS, it's the easiest tool out of the three I have (GCA5, GCS, /mook) to put in opponents. It takes a bit of time to put in a new monster but in the end I have a more useful file.

With that in mind, I am trying to figure out:

- How to put in an Affliction as a rollable attack, either in GCS (so it imports easily into Foundry) or directly in Foundry

- How to put notes in GCS that transfer to Foundry . . . right now I just put them into Foundry but have to remember on each monster

- How to put default token features (like sight, lighting, etc.) onto all of my Foundry tokens as they are made

Nothing huge, here, but everything I can do to speed things up will save me in the long run.

1 comment:

  1. With regard to notes into GCS that transfer to Foundry, you can create a new note in GCS (Windows) by clicking CTRL+SHIFT+N, and typing it into the Description field. There is also something relatively new called "VTT Notes" that are present in Advantages, Skills, or Equipment. As per the GCS author, "This is a field that only shows up in the detailed editors for things, but allows the user to add data for VTTs to use in some manner." So if you double click on one of those items, there's a field where you can put notes.

    With regard to default sight and lighting, that is in Configure Settings / Core Settings / Configure Default Token Settings. You can click on the vision tab and default it to "has vision" and a vision radius in yards. For creatures with Dark Vision, I just make this 100/100 for dim and bright. For default light sources, I usually keep that off for NPCs, but for characters using the Sunlight spell, I use 10.3 for dim and 3 for bright. It should be 12/4, but for some reason, Foundry is weird when calculating distances for light. And I make the light color black (#000000) because otherwise using an actual color makes the scene wash out.

    For "Display Bars," my default is "Hovered by Owner," so you can see them for NPCs, and should be able to see them for everyone, actually, but PCs cannot see NPC stats.

    Affliction--that's something I need to check on. Depends probably on the damage it does, but I think something can be done. It's probably more of a GCS question. I'll see if I did it for any monsters/NPCs in the past in GCS.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...