Saturday, April 2, 2022

Photobucket hosting ending

This is an admin note for the blog. A lot of my old posts have Photobucket picture links. Sadly, Photobucket is offering me a chance to either upgrade to a paid account, or delete my account, because I use it as photo hosting.

I'm going to let them delete it.

I can't easily go back and find all of the posts, identify the pictures in them, and replace them.

That said, as I go back and see old posts, I will try to do so. I would like to keep my blog looking nice. But expect a lot of broken links, especially in the early days o the blog. I apologize for that and I will fix them on an ad hoc basis. I will simply use Google in the meantime.

2 comments:

  1. So Photobucket finally did it? I jumped ship from them 5 or so years ago when the first emails went out threatening this. I suggest jumping ship form Google as well, they keep making the same threatening noises. I switched to Imgur, it's a bit of a slight learning curve figuring out how they organize your account (compared to Photobucket which was intuitively organized), but I've had no issues with them since.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've considered that approach but since my blog is on Google, I may as well leave them together. Once they get sufficiently annoying I'll take the whole thing to paid, private hosting, images and all.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...