Friday, April 29, 2022

Links & Thoughts for 4/29/2022

Stuff for 4/29/2022

- With Pathfinder: Kingmaker done, I have a little more free time. I'm spending it on professional development work, mostly, but also on Felltower and reading some game inspiration-al material.

- When I saw the title of this post, I thought it was a Gene Wolfe reference. Sadly, it is not:

The Book of the New Sun

. . . and speaking of reading, those are approaching the "re-read soon" pile again. I really like those books. They're dense but seem better to me the more I read them.

- Fire in the Lake watch - At the Printer and 788 orders.

- This is an interesting post on classes vs. skills. Or, why skills, anyway. I always prefer skills, but still.

4 comments:

  1. I still need to sit down and finish reading The Expanse...that the last book is yet another time skip really took the wind out my "desire to read it" sails.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not familiar with The Expanse. What's the elevator sales pitch for it?

      Delete
    2. Dystopianesque space future, small crew of a company ice hauler has their ship blown up by "unknown advanced tech" stealth ship for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Crew barely survives on a shuttle, salvages a Martian war frigate, starts to 'hunt down/figure out" what was going on that they weren't supposed to see... ends up as the tv The Expanse as well as a 9 volume book series, TV show is basically books 1-6, then series ends at an excellent ending point (but left it open in case they ever want to tackle books 7-9 which jump forward a few decades).

      Like I said, that teh it's the last book and another time hop has somewhat soured me on finishing it (also I'm so busy and tired that my time is a bit limited and easier things capture my attention these days).

      Delete
  2. "- This is an interesting post on classes vs. skills. Or, why skills, anyway. I always prefer skills, but still."

    Not even a "but still" for me, it has to be a very good premise and GM to get me into a class-based game, or rather a "class and level based game done the way D&D does it". Just too limiting, hard pass for me.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...