Friday, January 13, 2023

Random Thoughts and Links for 1/13/2023

Random stuff for Friday.

- Here is a Fairy Tale version of Japan based on the literal prefecture names. New Lagoon - aka Niigata - is my other home. I lived in Turtle Ricefields in New Lagoon. It's hot and wet in the summer and freezing cold and snowy in the winter.

Anyway, good stuff. I need to move back permanently soon.

- The simplicity that is AD&D known spells! My first AD&D character - Goldleaf the elf, a F/M-U/T, used this rule to learn 5 spells. That was the only time we ever used it. I don't even need "we" there, as the guys who taught me to play had me do that and I never DMed, or played with a DM who used, that rule. It's not that it is complicated, it's just not really something that any later materials assumed mattered and it sure didn't maximum enjoyment of your gaming experience. It's a nice concept, and maybe people play by it and love it . . . we never saw the need.

- I had to re-up for Forge today. $47.99 for the year of hosting is well worth it. I don't regret a penny of it. The one time we needed support it was provided quickly and effectively with no bother. I highly recommend them as a VTT host.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...