Monday, January 2, 2023

Pathfinder: Kingmaker II

I decided after all to play Pathfinder: Kingmaker again, after being reminded of it when I did my year in review.

- I went Team Evil for this one. Lawful Evil, because being Lawful is more useful when being a leader. It's been fun to choose the evil path. I rarely do, and this game doesn't stomp on you for being evil. You pay for it, but you get a lot more options. I won't get to experience what's possibly the best ending - I'd need to play a Good-aligned character and make a lot of specific choices. That's interesting but I started neutral and ended up good last time, so it's just too close to what I did before. So it's Team Evil this time!

- I've been trying an unarmed monk. It mostly sucks. Not entirely . . . but hit chances aren't great and damage has been low. I'm not certain how to get around this. I ended up finding a pair of flaming nunchaku - seems dangerous, but here we are anyway - and trying those. Not much better. I'm level 5 now, and mostly my main character inflicts a little damage here and there and gets stomped flat. Not enough HP, not enough AC, and not enough offense. I'm not sure it is going to get better. I may have to respec to something else - maybe make a pure caster (a wizard or sorcerer) because I already did a fighter last time. Seems odd to do but I'm not replaying a bunch of hours to get around the weirdness of an allowed in-game respec.

- It's still amusing how difficult some encounters can be . . . but I've had much less trouble with wolves this time. I'm not sure if I played with the settings or something, or there was a patch, or I'm just a combo of luckier and better. I have a better approach to dealing with wolves this time, actually, and I put off encounters where I knew I'd fight them until I was a few levels up. That helped a lot.

Good game, worth the second playthrough. I should finish off the Stag Lord later today, or tomorrow if not, and then see if I lose momentum as it comes to the kingdom management. Maybe not - I enjoyed that a lot, last time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...