Friday, August 3, 2018

Hall of Judgment

The Hall of Judgment PDF went out today, to the playtesters and contributors, at least.

I'm one of the playtesters.

My first impression is that it's a very, very attractive book.

My second impression is that it's going to need a good long cover-to-cover read before I know what I'd like to do with it. It will be hard to run, as I've got players who also backed it. But I can certainly lift bits of it and use them.

If you're a backer, you will be well pleased with this one.

More when I have a chance to read it and post about it.

3 comments:

  1. I really like the grappling rules. They seem like just enough to be detailed without falling victim to the stereotype of impenetrability that plagues rpg grappling rules.

    Also, for anyone not sure if the book is worth it, the mew monster section alone is about as big as Dungeom Fantasy Monsters 1. And that's before you even get to the adventure itself!

    It's going to take a while to digest, but initial impression is one of awesomeness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They got a bit of a revamp in light of some of your feedback. Not all, but some.

      Overall, I'm well pleased with the product. I will be writing and uploading a post-mortem on the campaign and production of the book soon, maybe even today.

      I should be receiving permission to ship from SJG this week, and I will "push the button" on backer deliveries as soon as that happens.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...