Saturday, August 4, 2018

Saturday 8/4 Random Thoughts & Links

Just a few things as I prep for Felltower tomorrow:

- I got a copy of Pagoda of Worlds. So far, I like it. The monsters are neat, and Matt Riggsby comes at things in a truly DF angle that's different from Sean Punch and I, so they're really interesting and useful for me. Sean's stuff is so much like mine it's often like "Peter, but meaner." Heheh, fireproof slimes. I may use this adventure straight-up, which is rare for me.

- I finished re-reading C2 The Ghost Tower of Inverness again. I plan to run it using AD&D, lightly house ruled, in the same way we did White Plume Mountain. It would be handy to have a purely tournament version, though, as to keep the run time appropriate I plan to run only the tournament encounters. Did a copy of the tournament-only version ever get produced?

- Thanks to a random mention of Terminus Est, I started re-reading the New Sun books by Gene Wolfe. After I finish I'll pull GURPS New Sun off of the shelf and see what I glean from that. I found these books difficult at first but a real joy to read after a while. I also, just as a random aside, associate them with Japan as I read them there. Certain scenes I couple with very specific places in Japan where I sat and read the book while traveling around.

- I used to be a very meticulous wildnerness mapper, with hexes and distances and such. I'm much more of a vague map and pointcrawl kind of person these days. I just find it so much easier to map, describe, and use.

- Sometimes I put minis away and can't find them. This is very frustrating the night before game. Aargh! I need a walk-in glass shelved minis closet. I won't ever get one, though.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Peter, just ran my second all day session of our own DFRPG game that you inspired.

    Prompted by your talk of Felltower prep.

    Could you do a post with the stats of your high level PC's. I'm really curious to see what Vryce looks like now, or one of the more experianced Wizards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very flattered!

      Let me ask if they're okay with having their character's stats posted.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...