Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Battledroids pictures

1000 Foot General has been posting summaries of his Mechwarrior games.

I mentioned that I started playing when Battletech was still Battledoids.

My cousin originally bought the set - I think from The Compleat Strategist in Montclair NJ but it's also possible he got it from what would eventually become Timewarp Comics & Games, but was then Fat Moose Comics & Games II. It's hard to remember at this point.

We played it, a lot, and I eventually picked up the next edition when it came out, Battletech. This was back when all of the mechs were straight-up visual copies from Robotech. Thanks to that, I to this day can sight-identify any of those mechs but I can't really identify any of the "new" mechs.

I kept playing on and off over the years. Eventually I found friend who played during the Clan expansion and the later years. I never really enjoyed that era. You went from risking valuable mechs in combat, fighting over scraps of old tech, to finding out that the "Inner Sphere" was surrounded not by bandits and hardscabble nobodies but actually powerful clans with advanced tech. Er, okay.

Anyway, I digress.

I told the 1000 Foot General that I'd roll out what I had. To my disappointment, when I opened the box I couldn't find the rulebook. I'm not sure if I ever had it; it's possible that when I inherited the collection the book was already gone. It doesn't seem to be in my other stuff, and my couple of Battletech supplements are in the box, too. So sadly I can't compare the rules.

The boxed set also came with two mech models to build. My cousin built those, but didn't use the decal transfers. I still have those transfers.

So all I can do is show what I have:

- the box







- the paper minis

- the decals



- the maps (identical to the later ones, except they say Battledroids)





- the record sheets. I have blanks, but here is my cousin's pilot "Logan" piloting a Warhammer.




If I turn up the rules, I will absolutely post about them. I'm really disappointed they weren't in there.

1 comment:

  1. Sad the rules weren't in the box, but that's still a great find! That armor diagram is nutty. You had to update it with all the data about the mech (including armor allocation) before the game? Crazy! Thanks for digging the box out, really neat to see the back cover, decals, etc.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...