Saturday, April 11, 2020

WIP Gladiator Ape

By now you've all seen these apes from Felltower:



They're from the 100 Kingdoms miniatures game. They're all sculpted by Jason Wiebe, who also sculpted the various ape minis I use in my Felltower game to represent flesh-eating apes and "ape shaman."

Pretty much, if Jason Wiebe sculpts an ape, I'm probably going to buy it or at least consider it.

Here is a Bones IV ape (or was it Bones III?) "gladiator" I'm quickly painting up in case I need him for the next time the PCs go through the "ape gate."



For now he's got a base coating on some major areas. He's not going to stay dark brown, exactly - now that he's base-coated in Apple Barrel Colors Burnt Umber, I'll heavily drybrush him in black and then browns. His armor and weapons are bronze for now, but I may change them to a mix of bronze and steel. We'll see as we go. The paint is forgiving enough for another layer . . . the bronze usually requires 2-3 at least so it doesn't look streaky.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...