Friday, December 11, 2020

Conan the Cimmerian - Tell, Don't Show

I'm trying to finish off Conan: The Cimmerian.

I'm mostly done, but I need a specific magic item to get past an obstacle, and I can't afford it. So I'm trying to go back and see if I can pick up enough treasure missed earlier to pay for it. But once I have that, I should be able to finish off the evil Toth Amon.

But to get to him, I have to get past his army. No worries, the quests I'd done earlier had allowed me to recruit one. How does that work out in play?

Like so:



And so:



In other words, they just tell you about the army, the mighty battles, the terrible ambush, etc. You see nothing. Not even a cut scene like at the beginning of the game. Hah.

Remember folks, tell, don't show. The players want to listen to it, they don't want to actively engage with it in any way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...