Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Crown Royal Dice Bag

This post over at Old School FRP on Tumblr brought this up.

Here is my CR dice bag:





If my memory serves me correctly, I got mine from a coworker of mine at a little internet startup I worked at - our Director of Operations, I think. I don't know how we got on the subject but I said something about how Crown Royal bags were coveted dice bags. Shortly thereafter she showed up with a Crown Royal bag full of Crown Royal bags. I can't remember the story of why she had them all - it wasn't like she drank a lot of blended Scotch whisky or something - but there you go. I ended up picking out one and handing the rest out. Eventually I handed them all out except this one.

It's better than the little black dice bag I had - and lost - and the pencil case full of dice someone swiped from me in 6th grade. I don't know that I ever drank any Crown Royal, but I do partake of the bag.

6 comments:

  1. Oh yes, these are coveted. I still remember the first gamer I ever met who had one: Brett Slocum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They also make a cider-flavored variant in a green bag that I sometimes consider picking up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never did the Crown Royal dice bag, but I've known dice aficionados over the years and they all seem to favor the CR Bag of Dice Holding...

    My first dice bag is the one I'm currently using, but in between using it for dice I briefly (for almost 15 years) had a leather bag about CR Bag sized. It was stolen (who even steals dice bags?) and I switched back to my old Garfield three-ring binder Pencil bag. It's like a zippered wallet that can be snapped into a three-ring binder. Super durable, I've been using it for school supplies or dice for over 40 years.

    But with all the d6s I've been picking up from SJGs Kickstarters, I need a new dice bag. I'll probably have to make one as cloth bags simply do not hold up and I've never found one made out of Garfieldium that wasn't a 3-ring binder pencil bag (and those types I've seen since all feel thinner and cheaper).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just a few days ago, I realized that as a legal grown-ass adult, if I want a Crown Royal dice bag, I can just go to the nearest liquor store and buy a bottle.

    I don't go in for alcohol, so I'm not sure what I'd do with the contents. Maybe make some vanilla extract with it; we've got some beans for it kicking around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose you can gift it, it's supposedly good stuff.

      Delete
  5. I, too, had one of these as a lad and really enjoyed that bag. I think one of the guys I played my first real campaign in gave it to me. Those guys were around 20-21, and I was 15 or 16. Nostalgia express! I can smell the meatball and onion pizzas right now.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...