Random links for today.
- Lich Van Winkle has a long post discussing the concept of "amateur thespianism" and Gygax's written thoughts on the subject.
- I've run a hexcrawl and had a lot of fun doing it. But even with small hexes - 1 mile across - there is a lot of space to search. Locations aren't all in the middle, but neither are they all instantly encountered on the edge. So where are they?
This post covers that with a nice method.
- Speaking of hexes, Doug has a nice post linking to hex makers:
I need to figure out a good hex overlay, so I can have a map image and then plunk a hex map on it. I probably can do that now in IrfanView or MS Paint or something but I don't actually know how.
- I roll on random tables very seldom, but I do enjoy reading them. This one is useful for vignettes for adventurers passing through town, I think:
d100 buildings & businesses
- I have a lot of time to paint today, but I'm just not feeling it. Oh well. I'll find some other time in the upcoming week.