We had a fun DF game session today. I don't think I'll have time to do a writeup with full details, so here are the post-game bullet points:
- Army Ants + "Dislikes Insects" + a really bad Per roll to see them coming is funny.
- Even funnier is "Dislikes Insects" and "that includes spiders" and then being the unlucky one who gets bit by a deadly venomous spider.
- the PCs checked out the pillars, found another way out (sort-of), discovered an ape-filled cave, explored a "pyramid" (actually a tetrahedron), discovered an illusion concealing a structure, checked out the five towers building, cased another place, found a bit of historical information about the city, and managed to revisit some old stomping grounds.
- the party talked to some headless stone columns.
- not that much fighting, but there were combat rolls that really mattered.
- Sean Punch may have topped me on my players' "most hated monster maker" list. Two words: Icky Goo.
- I do declare that one of the party had a spell of the vapors. It's okay, though, Esoteric Medicine kits include smelling salts and a fan to fan victims back awake.
- 6 XP session, thanks to good loot, no casualties, and lots of exploration. Well, heavy, heavy, heavy loot. 120 plus pounds of it.
Good session - this might be the exemplar of what I was hoping to see in the Lost City.