Saturday, November 14, 2015

My latest DF draft update, DFT1 Designer's Notes, SJG Stakeholder's Report

Three pieces of news from other blogs:

"• I am about 80% of the way through my review of the first draft of the newest GURPS Dungeon Fantasy supplement from Peter Dell'Orto (peterdellorto)."

- from Sean "Dr. Kromm" Punch's livejournal


That's good, because it means maybe sometime next week I can see the notes and start working on my revisions to the draft. I expect a lot of notes, because I often have an accumulation of little things that need addressing, and because Sean is great about giving 100% complete commentary on the draft.

Reading harsh notes on how much you messed up is something you just have to be able to take - it's where improvement comes from. And a better final book.



- DFT1 - Here are some designer's notes for Dungeon Fantasy Treasures 1.


Finally, SJG finally released their Stakeholder Report for 2014. They don't have to do it, and it's always interesting, but I have to admit that by November 2015 I'm not terribly interested in how 2014 went. So I just skimmed it, myself. I'm not even sure when it finally went up. Still, good news for SJG and it's a nice glimpse inside a private company. I'm glad they do it. Here is hoping the 2015 one is in January 2016.

1 comment:

  1. What's useful in the 2014 report is that it's sort of a 2015 preview. Phil has gone ahead and partially scored 2015 based on the goals set at the end of 2014. tl;dr: not reaching the goals, but it's a problem of managing growth rather than the company declining.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...