Monday, September 24, 2018

Tried to give Tides of Numenera a go

Well, this was anti-climactic.

I decided I should finally start to play Torment - Tides of Numenera.

It's been a while, so I needed to update GOG Galaxy.

That finished, and I had to reinstall the game. So I did that, waiting for a long time as it downloaded and installed.

Then I didn't have any time to play, so I set this all aside and went off to finish my home work and then headed off to work.

I got home, and fired the game up and all I got was this:


"Switching to resolution 0x0 failed, trying lower one
Switching to resolution 0x0 failed, trying lower one
All resolution switches have failed
Screen: could not switch resolution (1366x768 fs=1 hz=0)"

So clearly I need to spend some time tinkering with my resolutions. The game ran once before, when I first got it, I just didn't feel like spending the time to play around much. Now it doesn't work at all. My enthusiasm was pretty much "I should play this, I paid for it" and that's not a good sustainable base for serious troubleshooting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...