Friday, June 16, 2023

Random Thoughts & Links for 6/16/2023

- It was a busy week for work and other things, so I really had very little time to post. So little that I didn't even notice I'd missed every day since Sunday.

- Outline work and review by peers continues.

- I finished Planescape: Torment again. I ended up as - I think - a level 13 mage, level 13 thief, and level 30 or something fighter. Yes, seriously. Maybe more - I got a huge whack of XP at the end for something but it was all scripted endgame after that so I couldn't even level up. I had 433 HP, I think, before even that. I had one fight I started at 313 HP and ended at 20 HP at the very end, so it was all needed.

I stuck with Chaotic Evil and chose the nasty solution to anything I could, unless it was clearly a terrible decision or wouldn't accomplish my goal. I did screw a few things up, though. I saved a lot of consumable items for the end battles, but almost all of them take place in worlds where buff magic can warp, so they were less than useless. That sucked. I also didn't realize you need to pick one class to level to 7 and then 12 first, or lose benefits. So I leveled up thief to 12 first even though I intended to play as a fighter. Oops. The economy issue was typical, though - I had not enough money for a while, and then ended with over 130,000 copper and nothing to buy.

I'll play it again soonish, and probably try a Lawful Good guy again because there are many LG-only excellent items. Probably because sometimes the LG solution isn't the best solution. You have many restrictions if you try to hew to the good.

- I didn't get any other gaming work done at all this week, and I barely kept up with reading blogs. I'll try to catch up next week when time - hopefully - remains as open as it looks right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...