Saturday, October 4, 2014

GURPS Magic: Death Spells

I just got this:



I haven't finished reading it yet, but so far, it's very good.

It's got:

- guidelines for designing death spells.

- at least one death spell for every college in GURPS Magic (yes, death spells for the Animal College, Healing College, and Protection and Warning College too!) This includes some really nasty, save-or-die kind of effects. They aren't cheap to cast, tough to learn, and VH, but if they work, the target is dead. Often with nasty side effects, too.

- plenty of color for spells.

- thoughts on adding death spells to games.

I'm green lighting a number of these for my DF game, and I'll make them unknown spells the players can track down. After all, I used to allow the Annihilation spell, so this isn't much of a jump.

I might even allow cleric to take death spells, although it might be a good idea to restrict that to Excommunicated targets.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome. Can't wait to get my hands on this one! I am working on a "save or die" effect for my #GURPS game tonight!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...