Thursday, October 2, 2014

Secret Project First Draft In

I turned in my draft for my secret project, almost certainly not entitled GURPS Dungeon Fantasy: Low Tech Martial Arts, yesterday.

It's nice to get the draft out of my hands. I could have written more given more time, but honestly, twice as much time wouldn't make it twice as good.

Now it needs:

- editorial review

- eventual peer review

- and lots of little bits of cleanup

It's a ways from being published. But the hard bit - getting a complete manuscript - is done. Now it's the fun part, as people give me feedback and I get to modify things based on that feedback.

And I also get to start thinking about the next proposal, while the writing muse is still here. GURPS Low Tech: Dungeon Fantasy Martial Arts, perhaps?

Nah.

6 comments:

  1. How about about a book on crude drawing and carvings of fanciful inventions in a military prison? You could call it GURPS Low Arts: Martial Dungeon Fantasy Tech?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, they don't need to be crude drawings. I can bribe andi jones with character points these days. :)

      Delete
  2. What's your process for going from a complete manuscript to publication? I have a labor-of-love manuscript that's just about done, but I'm not really sure what to do with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you want to write for SJG/Pyramid, you can always drop a line to the Pyramid Write Club (contact Christopher R Rice) and the team will help you with the formatting/editing/peer review process.

      Delete
    2. Doug's suggestion is a good one. I write under contract, so I most of the process from here is a) out of my hands and b) already agreed upon ahead of time. But I also have more than 10 years of history writing books for SJG, and almost twice that writing articles for them or editing for them, so it's a very different case for me.

      Delete
  3. Can't wait to find out what it is! Woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...