Friday, February 5, 2021

Random Links and Thoughts for 2/5/2021

Only a few thoughts for today.

- Thanks to Marcus, who told Richard Garriot, aka Lord British, of my deeds!

No thanks to Google, which didn't even put his comment into moderation. I get offers to learn spells and become a vampire and get scammed on anti-virus and you don't let LORD F-ING BRITISH comment on my blog! What the hell?

- Grognardia on level drain.

I never loved level drain, but it's amusing to see people ran it even more brutally than by-the-book. Yeah, you lose only half the xp required to regain the level.

- Also Grognardia, on Revolt on Antares, the TSR minigame.

This was a really fun game. I have the counters . . . maybe . . . and the map . . . possibly. I would buy it again if I could. It was a lot of fun to play.

- So you died in Felltower, eh?

Now you can prove it.

Felltower Zazzle Store

Courtesy of Vic "Oh no, I failed my HT check" LaPira.

1 comment:

  1. I've often considered how to do "level drain" in GURPS. A flat penalty to all actions could work, but that is most often seen as "curse territory" and doesn't well mimic the "level loss" aspect of level drain. A disad? That kinda starts to mimic the "loss of power", but then loss of exp would do that faster, but taking exp away is generally seen as a "big no no" in most circles.

    FP drain? Sure, but that also works just as well as a "life drain".

    I dunno, it's just one of those questions I occasionally ask myself.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...