Wednesday, February 3, 2021

And on to Ultima V

I was able to get Ultima V going yesterday, porting over my maxed-out avatar Otto. He lost some XP and his stats were halved from 50 to 25, but since they cap at 30 I'm not really concerned.

I know Lord British is in the Underworld, thanks to a) the game intro and b) the talking horse in Ultima VI told me back in the day.

Back in the day? Yes. I played and won Ultima III on my Leading Edge "M," with its CGA graphics adapter, dual floppy drives, and 256kb of RAM!

Then I helped my cousin play Ultima IV.

Then on my Pentium 90 I played and won Ultima VI.

I started Ultima VII and hated the interface so much that I quit.

The next Ultima I played was IV . . . on a series of laptops using DOSBox.

My plan is V, then VI, then I and II. I may do them out of order, but I really enjoyed VI so I'm looking forward to playing again. I won that one twice, actually.

I may through in Savage Empire at some point, because I have it. VII, VIII, IX, etc. - no thanks, I think. I hated VII and reading blog reports of playthroughs didn't impress me. The later ones, the same . . . but never say never.

1 comment:

  1. Ultima is one of the rare games I enjoyed, not because it was great, but because I loved exploring that unexplored wilderness.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...