Saturday, February 27, 2021

Ultima V update

I didn't get much of a chance to play Ultima V for a few days, but I did get in a little.

- I managed to finish all 8 of the shrine quests. A good map helped, so I didn't have to wander around looking for shrines and then guess which one was which. Some of them are in the same places as in Ultima IV, anyway, so it was easy enough to just remember.

- I grabbed Lord British's crown from the evil Lord Blackthorn. Amusingly the guards instantly capture you if you get next to them. You can't even fight. I reloaded once I figured that out and then easily avoided them. Weirdly, you have to wear the crown to benefit from having it. I'm sure Lord British won't mind that I'm wearing his crown. Heh. Fantasy vs. Reality, eh? I'm not sure what it does, but it's been helpful - I had to fight some Daemons and they didn't possess any of my characters.

- I have 6 out of 8 moonstones. I assume I was supposed to learn about them from . . . someone. Having played other Ultima games, I just waited until moongates disappeared and took the stones. I can put them where I need them, but I'm not certain where I need them just yet.

- I got a sextant from someone after hearing rumors about it. But you can only use it at night. Like hoisting sails, this is less helpful than you'd think.

- I'm kind of unsure what to do next. I know I need to get to the underworld to get some stuff, but I'm not sure how to get to the Underworld. I need to go through all of the screenshots I took of hints from people.

- And just for grins I fought some guards who demanded a bribe. They kicked my butt so fast half the party was dead before I got to even move. Damn. No wonder the bad guy doesn't feel so upset about me running around.

We'll see what I decide to do next. I feel stalled out, unsure of what to do next. Get to the underworld somehow? Explore some dungeons? Gather more reagents for spells before I do anything of the sort? Get more gold so I can get everyone magic shields? Combat doesn't seem that important, really. So what now? I'm sure I'll think of something.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...