Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Pathfinder: Kingmaker update

I've still been playing Pathfinder: Kingmaker.

I'm 10th level. I've reached a level tipping point. There are things I have touble with to the point I can't beat them . . . but they're rare. Anything the game puts in front of me, I pretty much can trash. That's fine, it simplifies things for me. But it's weird how you go from "every fight can kill you" to "no fight feels like it can kill you." I won a few fights early with a single guy standing, slugging it out to win the day. Now, it's really uncommon for any of my guys to get knocked out or down unless I'm caught completely offguard. Even then I can generally power through and win without casualties.

My issues with healing are over; I can reliably heal everyone all of their HP, as high as they are. I've got a bucketload of potions I bought that I don't need and don't use. I'm laden with scrolls I won't use, but they're so light I keep them just in case I need some specific spell to solve some issue.

I'm still enjoying it, but struggling in some respects. Knowing what I do now about Kingdom management, I could more easily and smoothly level my kingdom up. I didn't realize I needed to improve certain aspects of my kingdom before others in order to unlock abilities and advisors, who then could speed up development. Had I known, I would have had different priorities back when I had more time.

It's a good game, though, and I feel like there is still a lot to do. I hope that's the case . . . I'll be bummed if I'm not around or at level 20 when all is said and done.

For people who've played, I've just passed the Gates to the Valley of the Dead and I'm heading into the tomb beyond. Should be fun, hopefully it's hard without being a slog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...