Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Pathfinder Update

I've still been playing Pathfinder.

Some spoiler-filled bullet points:

- I've gotten to level 10 and now most fights are pretty routine. I had one or two that turned into massively nasty brawls, but I generally fireballed and fought my way out of those.

- I've got this weird magic item that does damage to those "adjacent" to the user. It seems like "adjacent" is "everyone in the whole fight." That works for me.

- It's amusing that you can get basically anyone to follow you with the right choices. I'm LN, but I have two CE companions and a LG one. I have them adventure together. They don't seem to mind.

- I've gotten so many magic items I can't keep track. I have potions and scrolls I've been carrying the whole game because I can't seem to use them fast enough. At level 10 with a 10th level cleric, healing isn't an issue anymore.

- I have so many belts and rings I can't keep track. I think I need to spend an hour and strip down my whole party and re-equip them from scratch to maximize who has what.

- The main issue is time. I've got more things to do than time to do them, which is appropriate. Some things are just mind-boggling, like many missions where I need to go visit someone . . . can't they come to the capital? It's a day's walk away, and frankly I have stuff to do. So do they, but they're the ones asking favors.

- The romance options are kind of fun. I did one with one companion, but then decided another was more in character so I broke the first one off. The really amusing one is Amri, but she doesn't seem to be a romance option. A crazed barbarian woman who tells ridiculous stories? Heh. Best one of the group.

All in all, good fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...