Friday, October 7, 2022

Links & Thoughts for 10/7/2022

- I finished reading the original story behind Queen of the Black Coast. It has been a while since I read it. It's good . . . but not great. It shows its age and time. It's got good gaming potential but it was a bit of a chore to finish, unlike some other of REH's work. I'll get on playing this weekend if I have time.

- I've queued up Blackbirds as my nighttime reading. Hurrah!

- Since we're actually playing Felltower again, I've spent a lot of time writing and reading about gaming. I need to play to stay connected these days - the more I play, the more I have to write and think about.

- I haven't told my players what happened to their captured guys yet. I'll get to that this weekend. I won't lie - I got distracted by some non-gaming stuff this week, both work and fun (aka, martial arts and ice hockey.) I did do my preliminary notes and I need to just fill in the details.

- I always liked Ogremoch. This version is very alien to me, but still, it's Ogremoch.

- I saw a preliminary version of Shields Up! - It's good. If you like shields and want more options for them, get this.

2 comments:

  1. All right, I'm considering them. But I need to know, are FDG and Shields Up suitable for regular GURPS use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe that if you have no issues adapting DFRPG material to DF, you should be fine using them for GURPS. I don't personally use FDG, as I use an even simpler set of grappling rules Doug and I, and then later I, developed prior to that. But at least one of my players uses them in a game he GMs, IIRC.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...