Saturday, May 13, 2023

Planescape: Torment (again)

Very busy day today, so I had basically no time to get anything gaming-related in.

Literally all I did was read one project email, mark it unread so I can reply when I have time, and then go on to other things.

The reason I'm posting at all is because I did a little chargen for Planescape: Torment - Enhanced Edition.

My Nameless one will have:

STR 15
INT 16
WIS 17
DEX 9
CON 9
CHA 9

Basically, +6 to strength, +7 to intelligence, and +8 to wisdom. I used this walkthrough to pick my stats. I've played the game twice before, and usually I'm more STR and CON. This time I wanted to maximize my conversation options. I'm still deciding if I want to be good - I've done the LG route - or evil. We'll see. I've never played evil as the Nameless One before.

Some notes on the Enhanced edition:

- it's a little faster. Hurrah!

- you can crank up the font size! Hurrah!

- the screen is damn tiny on my laptop. I'd play on my giant monitor (thanks Jon!) but it's playoff hockey time so if I'm at this laptop goofing around on games, it's because it's between periods. I'll try it on a larger screen another time. But damn, the assumptions about what my weakening eyes can see are quite . . . optimistic.

We'll see how focused I stay on this playthrough. Probably for a bit until I break down and buy Grand Tactician.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...