Friday, May 5, 2023

Random Thoughts & Links for 5/5/23

Thoughts and notes for this week.

- My War in the East runthrough of Operation Bagration is over. I blew it. Historically, it was a major Soviet victory. In my game, it was a Major Axis Victory. I did a lot of damage to the Axis, and pushed them back, badly in a few places - I took Minsk (you start just outside Smolensk), pinched off and forced a handful of divisions to surrender, broke their lines in northern Ukraine, and pushed into a few other important points. But it cost a lot of casualties to do it - more than twice as many taken as inflicted - and I just couldn't break through and get a followthrough.

I'm poking around with some options - Axis in Bagration might be a tough go. Soviets in a Vistula-to-Berlin campaign, too. Or maybe I'll replay Operation Bagration again as the Soviets. I was a little too cautious early on - too many Deliberate Attacks and not enough MP-saving hasty attacks, and clunky uses of my HQs and support until I got used to doing things properly again. Maybe I can do better the second time.

Short scenarios are the way to go - I can play a short game of WiTE in a week if it's a 10 turns or less game.

- I enjoyed this look at the versions of the FASA Doctor Who game. I have the later release - and it's very attractive. Never played it, never will, really glad I own it.
The second part reviews the game.

- I was hoping that DCC #100 would be done, but not yet. It's slightly delayed, now, compared to the estimated completion date.

- Next game is 5/21!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...