Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Shapeshifting Flying Pigs II: The Elric! RPG

It occurred to me today that the Oonai, that'd I'd mentioned yesterday, probably had stats in Elric! Dark Fantasy Roleplaying.* And that in fact, I did own a copy of that game.


Given that I have a Chaosium-to-GURPS 3e conversion chart (from GURPS Cthulhupunk) and a GURPS 3e-to-4e conversion chart (from SJG and my own experience), statting up any of the Elric! creatures is easy enough.

Unfortunately, their stats are pretty mundane - they're kinda big, kinda strong, not too bright but not too dumb. Their real power is shapeshifting - they gain the attacks and defenses of whatever they mimic. So much so that it's easier to just whip up a set of stats for something like this and then set it loose than to "loyally" follow the stats in Elric!

On the bright side, though, I do have some easy stats to convert over for DF, such as, oh, Quaolnargn, the Mist Giant, the Grahluk and Elenoin, Prince Yrkoon . . .




*Yes, the game's title has an exclamation point.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...