Friday, November 8, 2013

My Reading List Grows Out of Control

So my reading pile has expanded from one to a big pile of books almost overnight.

On my reading list, in no particular order, are:

GURPS Action 2
GURPS Martial Arts: Yrth Fighting Styles (a Banestorm-themed Martial Arts supplement)*
GURPS Locations: St. George's Cathedral*
GURPS Zombies*

Pyramid #3/58 - Urban Fantasy II (I wanted Sean's article on DF town traits)
Pyramid #3/60 - Dungeon Fantasy III

I also got Orcslayer because I needed to polish off a gift card, and although I have two copies I can't see why having it in PDF would be a bad thing, especially at $2.99. So I should re-read that just for old times' sake, but I don't hardly have the time.

Why not?

Because I also need to re-read GURPS Martial Arts: Technical Grappling, because there is a lot to digest in it, and I need to know it better for a project I'm working on.

And also because I have to read Swords & Wizardry Complete (I should find out how it works before I play, I suppose, not just cruise on half-remembered AD&D rules) and finish up reading Dungeon Crawl Classics so I can return it to the person who loaned it to me.

Nevermind my non-gaming reading, all of which must be done - my gaming hobby pays, but my non-gaming reading is job related. I guess I'll push my "books to re-read" pile off to the side for a couple of months while I work through this backlog.

* I am a credited playtester, proofreader, or otherwise credited reader on these. But although I read one completely, one partially, and a small section of another of these before release, it's nothing like reading the final version. So I really need to sit down and read these all again even if I've got some idea of what's in them already.

4 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...